Spot from Boston Dynamics: an autonomous four-legged robot
Spot is an autonomous quadruped robot, created by Boston Dynamics, the firm that also created the humanoid robot Atlas. Generation Robots is an official European distributor of the Spot robot since 2020.
Spot robot from Boston Dynamics: presentation
Thanks to its innovative design, Spot can easily move on rough terrain, walk on stones or stairs, unlike most mobile robots.
Below are the main characteristics of the robot. For more details, feel free to read our Spot Enterprise robot product sheet.
Main features of the Spot robot:
- Speed: 1.6 m/s
- Maximum slope: +/- 30
- Maximum walking height: 300 mm
- Average autonomy: 90 min.
- Standby time: 180 min.
- Charging time : 120 min.
- Charging time: 120 min.
- Payload : 14 kg
- Protection : IP54
Applications of the robot dog Spot
Spot is a robust, very agile and versatile robot that can be used in a wide range of missions:
- Surveillance and security
- Data collection
- Sample collection
- Transportation of equipment to hazardous areas
Spot, a scalable robot thanks to its accessories and payloads
The Spot robotic platform can be equipped with a range of accessories that will enable it to perform even better the tasks entrusted to it. These add-ons add new features or improve the existing one.
Examples of payloads designed to optimize the Spot robot:
- Autonomous docking station ➡ Boston Dynamics Spot Docking Station
- Full-color panoramic vision ➡ Boston Dynamics Spot CAM+
- Full-color, low-light panoramic vision, microphone and speaker ➡ Spot CAM+IR
- Adapter for non-Boston Dynamics peripherals ➡ Spot GXP adapter
- Additional processor designed for running your own OS and apps / access to SDK ➡Spot Core
There are 14 products.